Beginning January 1st 2017, access up to $475 in rebates to tune up your AC system and keep it running reliably, which can lower your energy bills.
Maintaining your central air conditioning (AC) system might not be something you think about, but it should be. Especially when you realize that cooling accounts for 44% of your home energy bill. Your AC system is complex, and needs regular maintenance, just like your car.
Essential, twice-a-year maintenance can help your AC system perform better—to keep your home more comfortable, lower your costs and reduce the chances of a breakdown. Even better: PG&E offers rebates to help you complete this service.
How It Works
Only contractors who have met rigorous criteria can assist you through the program, and will:
- Spend an hour or more at your home going over how your system is working and what you can expect from the program.
- Complete a detailed system assessment.
- Provide you with a detailed evaluation and recommendations, along with information about qualifying for rebates.
You decide what work, if any, you want your contractor to perform. Once the work has been completed, your contractor will help you apply for PG&E rebates to offset your costs. Find a Contractor >>
Is My Home Eligible for the Program?
The AC Quality Care Program is open to PG&E customers who:
- Have Electricity Distributed by PG&E to the Service Address (Gas service through another provider or propane is allowed as long as customers obtain electricity through PG&E)
- Have a Central Forced Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
- Live in a detached Single-Family Residence or Duplex
This program does not include rebates for air conditioner replacement. Click here for a list of PG&E rebates.